Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Sweet Potatoes

All right. Here's the first of my Thanksgiving posts. When I'm all done, I'll post a big blog with all these links plus my Thanksgiving 2011 experience. Stay tuned!

Sweet Potatoes with Brown Sugar
Photo Copyright 2011 Katie Peters
Ingredients:
-4 medium-large sweet potatoes
-dash of salt (optional for water)
-3 tbsp. I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
-3 tbsp. lightly packed brown sugar
-1 tsp. salt
Photo Copyright 2011 Katie Peters
1. Fill a large pot with water (and optional salt) and bring to a boil. In the meantime, peel and slice the sweet potatoes.
2. Add the sweet potatoes to the boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender.
Photo Copyright 2011 Katie Peters
 3. Drain the water and move the sweet potatoes to a large bowl. Mash with fork or potato masher (my dad uses a potato ricer).
Photo Copyright 2011 Katie Peters
 4. Cover and set aside/refrigerate until you are closer to dinnertime.
5. When you are ready, preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine the sweet potatoes, 1 tbsp. margarine, 1 tbsp. brown sugar and salt and mix well. Pour into baking pan and spread evenly.
6. Top with remaining brown sugar and margarine (I spread the margarine with a spoon and then sprinkled the brown sugar on top).
7. Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or so.

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment