Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Easy Mashed Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic

If there's one thing I love to eat, it's potatoes. I have been on a homemade mashed potato kick this semester, so I definitely wasn't going to stick to the boxed variety this season (though I do love boxed potatoes)! I also love garlic and rosemary, so I thought I'd spice up the usual plain mash this year and go with some extra flavor. I used fresh raw garlic for a big kick, but bottled garlic would be flavorful and gentle, and roasted garlic would be even more delicious. It's up to you--I usually use the bottled kind. The great thing about these potatoes is that they're very easy and require little attention. Perfect when you're busy with turkey and other side dishes!

Easy Mashed Potatoes with Rosemary and Garlic

Ingredients:
-5-6 medium red potatoes
-1/2 c. skim milk
-1 tbsp. fresh rosemary, chopped
-1 1/2 tbsp. unsalted sweet cream butter (or margarine)
-5-6 cloves garlic, minced
Photo Copyright 2011 Katie Peters

1. Bring the potatoes to a boil in a large pot of water. Cook until fork tender. Drain water or move potatoes to a separate bowl.
2. Mash the potatoes well with a fork or potato masher. Don't worry about skin--if you don't want it, however, peel the potatoes before boiling or let potatoes cool after cooking and peel. I like the extra color and texture.
Photo Copyright 2011 Katie Peters

3. Add remaining ingredients and mix well, ensuring the butter melts and is incorporated evenly.

Photo Copyright 2011 Katie Peters
How simple!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment