Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Easy Crab and Jalapeno Omelette

Being in my last semester of college, I managed to get almost all of my credits out of the way. The way I noodled with my schedule, I managed to get Tuesday and Thursday mornings off in hopes of getting a job. Well I don't have one still, sadly, but I DO have a lot of free time for homework, the gym, and cooking!

Here's a fast, simple, healthy, and decant breakfast idea!

Crab and Jalapeno Omelette

Ingredients:
-2 eggs (substitute 3 egg whites if you'd rather)
-1/2 c. imitation crab meat, flake style, chopped
-1 fresh jalapeno
-Cheese (I used a Weight Watchers Reduced Fat Single)
-Freshly ground black pepper

1. Preheat pan. Spray with cooking spray. While the pan is heating, mix eggs in a small bowl.
2. When pan is hot, add eggs and move pan around to cover the bottom with egg. Every now and again, use a spatula to lightly push some of the cooked eggs aside. Tilt the pan so the runny egg on top fills in the gap. Make sure the bottom doesn't burn!
3. When eggs are mostly cooked (it won't take but a minute), add crab meat, jalapeno, and cheese. Fold the omelette in half while still in the pan so the cheese will melt quickly.
4. Slide onto a plate and sprinkle with black pepper. Enjoy!
Photo Copyright 2012 Katie Peters
Hard to believe you can have something so gourmet in less than five minutes, right?
P.S. I took all the seeds out of my jalapeno and it was STILL super spicy, so if you want less heat, try only using half the pepper.
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment