Saturday, February 4, 2012

Easy Coconut-Curry Kale

So I've been making lots of food lately but never take nice pictures or upload the recipes to my blog. So tonight, I have a quick and simple recipe for you to try! My boyfriend doesn't like kale much, and the last time I ate it, it was in the form of tasty, salty, crispy chips, so I thought I'd try again! This is a very healthy version using LIGHT coconut milk rather than the usual (which I love). I think it affects the flavor a tad, but with the curry paste, I can't complain! Hopefully I'll make it for the boy soon and maybe he'll like it.

Ingredients:
-3 1/2 c. chopped and washed kale
-1/4 c. water
-2/3 c. light coconut milk
-1 tbsp. Thai Kitchen green curry paste
-freshly ground black pepper, to taste

1. Add the kale and water to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cook for five minutes.
2. Add the coconut milk and mix well. Lower heat to medium and cook for another four to five minutes, stirring often.
3. Move some of the kale over in the pot and tilt so the coconut milk fills the area. Add the green curry paste to the coconut milk and mix until smooth. Return pot to normal position and stir. Add a couple dashes of pepper. Turn heat to low and simmer for eight to ten minutes (approximately the time it took for my salmon to cook). Remember to keep stirring now and again to incorporate the coconut milk and curry.
4. The kale should end up being soft and flavorful, with all the coconut milk soaked in. So easy, right? Enjoy!


Coconut-curry kale (top right). With pan-seared salmon, chicken bouillon-spiced rice, and kimchi.
Photo copyright 2012 Katie Peters
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment